Commonly Used Terms and their Definitions
- “Person” means any individual, trust or legal entity.
- “We,” “Us” and “Our” refer to Modalta.
- “Other Information” means the information such as an Internet Protocol (IP) address, the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the domain used to access the Site, the type and version of the browser or operating system that you use as well as the website that you came from and the website you navigated to afterwards. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics about Users, the number of visitors and the average usage time of the Site and the Services are also considered as Other Information.
- “Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual, such as information that can be reasonably linked to a specific User, including User Content.
- “User” is anyone that accesses the Site and the Services
Personal information of children
Important note to children: Before providing your name, address, email address, or any other personal information to anyone on the Internet, be sure to ask your parents if it is okay.
Important note to parents: We do not knowingly collect the personal information of children who are below 13 years of age. If we believe a child using this Site is under the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence we will not process any personal information of that child without the consent of the parent or guardian.
If you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, you may only use this Site and provide personal information if you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information.
Other Information and Cookies
Your web browser offers “cookies” which, if you allow their use, store small amounts of data on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies do not contain any Personal Information about you and therefore cannot be used to identify you personally. However, cookies assist us in tracking which of our features you like best. Therefore, cookies enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser settings. Our Site is viewable even if you disable the cookie function on your browser. However, if you disable cookies, some advanced and customized features will not be available to you.
Links to Other Websites
We have reasonable security measures in place intended to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Data, Billing Information, and Other Information that we have collected from you at the Site. However, we are unable to guarantee that the security measures we take will not be penetrated or compromised, or that your Personal Data will remain secure under all circumstances.
When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Targeting / Re-Targeting
How We Use and Share Your Information
- Modalta, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. For example, we may pass your Personal Data and Billing Information to our designated service providers in order to process payments, ship products, send mailings, and maintain databases. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we provide the company only with the information they need to perform their specific function. These companies are authorized to use your personal data only as necessary to provide these services to us. By engaging in any transactions on our Site, you agree and consent to Modalta forwarding of your Personal Data, Billing Information and Other Information to said third parties.
- We may share your Personal Data and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, please contact us. Modalta does not sell and/or rent personal information to third-parties or any other companies.
- Modalta may sponsor promotions or contests directly or through third parties, or Modalta may enter into collaborative relationships with other third parties on the Site. If you participate in these activities or events, you may be asked to provide Personal Data or to answer questions that seek your personal data. Participation in these promotions or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. In certain instances failure to disclose the information may prohibit you from participating in promotions and/or contests.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Site, we might analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and the Site to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.